The 2014 ASHA Convention (American Speech-Language-Hearing Association) will be held at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL, Nov. 20-22.
Want to get involved in a SIG? Are you interested in language learning and education? Articulation and language skill development?
There are plenty of SIG options. Expand your professional knowledge by joining one today.
Hayleigh Kanzler, M.A., CCC-SLP
- Dr. Barbara Esch, BCBA-D, is a behavior analyst and speech pathologist with over 30 years of experience in behavioral interventions for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- She has worked in school, home clinic and hospital settings.
- Her workshops training symposia and research have been presented in the United States, Europe and Australia and focus on the use of behavioral procedures to improve speech, language and feeding skills for individuals of all ages with a wide range of medical and educational diagnoses.
- Dr. Esch received her Ph.D. in Applied Behavior Analysis from Western Michigan University and her M.A. in speech pathology from Michigan State University.
- She is the author of the Early Echoic Skills Assessment, part of the Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program: VB-MAPP (Sundberg, 2008.)
- Her research on behavioral treatments for early speech acquisition appears in The Analysis of Verbal Behavior and the Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- She is co-owner of Esch Behavior Consultants, Inc., a consulting company specializing in behavior treatments for individuals with severe communication delays.
Aimee Irwin, M.A., CCC-SLP, BCBA
Aimee received a B.S. in Speech, Language, and Hearing Science from Purdue University in 2007, and a M.A. in Speech-Language Pathology from The Ohio State University in 2009. She holds a Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology and a Speech-Language Pathologist license in the state of Indiana. Aimee received an Applied Behavior Analysis Graduate Certificate from Florida Institute of Technology and became a Board Certified Behavior Analyst in 2013. She has practicum experience in various settings including public schools, inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, a vocational center for developmentally disabled adults, a university speech and language clinic, and an autism center. She has worked with children with Autism since 2008 and children with speech and language disabilities for more than 8 years. Aimee provides speech consulting and direct speech and language treatment services at BACA.
Angela Seal, MOT, OTR
Angela received a B.S. in Psychology in 2002 and a Masters in Occupational Therapy in 2003 from the University of Indianapolis. Angela has over 10 years of experience working with children in various settings including 4 1/2 years as a Pediatric Inpatient OT at Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital at St. Vincent Hospital. She has enjoyed working as an OT at BACA since November 2009. At BACA, Angela assesses and treats deficits in fine motor, gross motor, self-care, visual motor and visual perceptual skills. She also educates staff in these areas to promote integration of these skills in the behavioral programs that are established.